Nia Franklin Wins Miss America!
Red Aspen is always on the lookout for strong women who are out to do great things in the world. This year, Red Aspen reached out to the women from each state who traveled to compete in the Miss America pageant and offered to send them Red Aspen lashes!
Red Aspen contacted the amazing women from all 50 states, and we were thrilled then 26 of them said they would love to try Red Aspen lashes. As it turned out, 7 out of the top 10 women in the competition were sent Red Aspen lashes.
We had so much fun cheering on these amazing women by watching their journey's on social media and the broadcast of the competition on ABC. The Red Aspen team gathered together to watch the competition on Sunday night and we were ECSTATIC when Nia Franklin, Miss New York, won and was crowned Miss America! Nia was one of the women we had the opportunity to talk with multiple times on Instagram - we were quickly won over by her charm and personality. We loved being tagged in her Instagram stories and following along as she prepared for the competition. Nia's favorite lashes (and the ones she wore on ABC Sunday night!) are the Red Aspen Reese Lashes!
Click picture below for more information on Nia and the other Miss America finalists!
All the women competing for Miss America this year are smart, strong and beautiful, both inside and out. The pageant is a scholarship program and is the nation’s leading advocate for women’s education and the largest provider of scholarship assistance to young women in the United States, awarding millions of dollars annually in cash awards and in-kind tuition waivers.
These women don’t just look pretty – they have contributed tens of thousands of community service hours annually and have raised over $16 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and Miss America scholarships since 2007. These ladies are empowered and using their positions to help empower others.
If you follow our Instagram, you’ve probably noticed a lot of the women showing up on our Instagram stories! We have enjoyed watching them try the lashes and glad to see them using the lashes both stage and in their day to day lives.
If you watched the Miss America pageant, which aired on ABC, Sept 9th, you might have noticed some gorgeous lashes on a few of the women. Below are the names and home states of the women who received Red Aspen lashes:
- Adrianna David - Miss Maryland
- Alexandra Coppa - Miss Rhode Island
- Allison K Farris - Miss DC
- Annie Jorgensen - Miss Georgia
- Beck Bridger - Miss Wyoming
- Bridget Oei - Miss Connecticut
- Callie Walker - Miss Alabama
- Courtney Schuman - Miss Arkansas
- Danamarie McNicholl-Carter - Miss Washington
- Grace Khachaturian - Miss Illinois
- Jaime Gialloreto - Miss New Jersey
- Jesse Craig - Miss Utah
- Jessica Shultis - Miss Nebraska
- Joanna Wicks - Miss Delaware
- Julia Crane - Miss Vermont
- Katie Olson - Miss North Dakota
- Laura Haller - Miss Montana
- Madeline Collins - Miss West Virginia
- Matti-Lynn Chrisman - Miss Ohio
- Mikhayla Hughes - Miss Iowa
- Nia Franklin - Miss New York
- Nina Forest - Miss Idaho
- Olivia Mayo - Miss Maine
- Taylor Ballard - Miss Oregon
- Taylor Tyson - Miss Florida
- Tianna Vanderhei - Miss Wisconsin